Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Things I've Been Craving: Timepieces and Tribal Wedges

I've put myself on a strict shopping diet recently, but that doesn't stop me from looking...These are some of the things that I've had my eye on recently (but it they will have to wait...until I get my tax return, that is).

I've been looking for a large mens' or mens' style watch for a while now. I had found the perfect one on RueLaLa this fall, and while I foolishly sat contemplating if I really needed to buy that watch, some other online shopping snatched it out from under me and I haven't seen it online since. Curse my careful self-budgeting analytics!

I remember reading somewhere that an oversized men's watch can be a classic staple of a woman's wardrobe. I've always had smaller, nondescript metal watches so I've been specifically attracted to larger watch faces with leather bands for a change:

Fossil's Ansel Leather watch uses a warm brown leather strap against the subtle rose gold watch case. I also like the other small dials on the watch face (although does anyone actually ever use those?) $135

I love skeleton watches, where you can see all the internal cogs and mechanisms! I like how this exposed watch face is contrasted nicely against the simple, sleek black band. This one is $175 by Kenneth Cole.

This Skagen watch is more streamlined compared to the others, but I love the subtle mother of pearl face and the sleek designed that Skagen is known for. It's also a technically a women's watch, which probably accounts for some of that. $115

The first two watches are actually mens' watches, as in made for men to wear and not women. I haven't had a chance to actually try any real mens' watches on, have any of you? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've mentioned before how I love tribal print, and as a definite trend the past few seasons its become easier and easier to find. And as summer rapidly approaches what's better than combining this colorful trend with some beautiful summer wedges?


Chinese Laundry Milk Shake wedge in a vibrant tribal orange print with a raffia-wrapped wedge. $79.95 at Zappos

The Lindsay wedge by Kate Spade New York. The rainbow of rope stripes on the wedge here is classic Kate Spade, harking back to the candy colored bags that first brought her such fame. It's offset nicely by the nude patent straps. $275 at Zappos





These wedges have my name written all over them. A bold black and white geometric print on the heel, and a psychedelic splash of hues on the instep and straps, all grounded by the solid black ankle strap. So much love for this MIA Reeba shoe. $59.95 at Zappos
I think these are so beautifully subtle. And a T-strap is always a good thing. Coconuts-Vice wedges by Matisse: I've had some great shoes by Matisse in the past, and you can't beat their prices. $73 at Zappos

This one is wonderfully boho. Type Z Kagey shoe that also comes in some crazier colors that you can see if you follow the link. I would contrast this shoe with a structured mens' watch! $59 at Zappos

With any of these shoes, I'm appealing to you to indulge your inner Tall-Girl. Even if you're already tall. It's hot, trust me. 

Can you tell I like to browse Zappos? That place is heaven for me, and I like supporting a company like Zappos because they provide such wonderful customer service. I'm also a huge fan of their company culture (you should check out some of their videos on YouTube), and they treat their employees well. That's a high-five in my book. 

What have you been craving lately? And if you have any shoe or watch suggestions, please send them my way!

3 comments:

  1. I just love this! wanna follow each others blog?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know
    if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code
    with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Also visit my website read this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to my
    4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants
    to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I
    had to tell someone!

    Also visit my web page ... this is great
    my web page: go there

    ReplyDelete