Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Impressive Marketing: Dove Ad Makeover

I have been an admirer of Dove's social mission and stance on beauty, ever since I first saw the launch of their Campaign for Real Beauty in 2004. Yesterday Dove launched The Ad Makeover campaign, designed to help women and girls overcome low self esteem in a time when we're ever online and bombarded by cheesy ads and side bar suggestions:





Only 4%? That's so sad.

This campaign is something I can definitely get on board with. Even if it only targets Facebook ads, it's a good step. What woman hasn't at sometime felt pressure to appear physically beautiful in the opinions of others? I did some further research into Dove's ad campaigns over the years, and was quite impressed with the resources and relevant information found on their social mission page. Plus, I learned that Dove partners with Girl Scouts, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and Girls Inc. Bravo, Dove.

Although The Ad Makeover is currently only active in Australia (in partnership with Australian beauty brand Ogilvy), their facebook page states that they "are currently working to make The Ad Campaign available in your country." I'm very interested to see once it hits stateside.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there everyone, it's my first visit at this web page, and post is actually fruitful in support of me, keep up posting such posts.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; http://www.2013rolexfreeshippig.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right
    here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you
    wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably
    come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.



    Also visit my blog :: http://www.pradasale-shop.com

    ReplyDelete