Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Product Review: eShakti Dress

I had come across eShakti in the past, and thought they had an awesome concept: You can buy their clothes in standard sizes (0-26) or you can opt to customize! Want a longer hem? Shorter hem? Different straps on your dress? Different sleeves on that blouse? A higher neckline? You name it and they can do it. I was really excited when they offered to let me try and review one of their dresses.



I decided on this design, although when I picked it out they had turquoise as a color option. I'm a bit picky about the dresses I like, and wanted a dress that had thicker straps, a good amount of structure with a defined waist, and not too high of an empire waist (a trend that's been going strong over the past few years--this look does not work for me!). I usually fit standard sizes fairly well, but wanted to try their custom option by requesting a little more room in the bust area and to be sure it fell right about my knees considering my height.




I obviously had to winterize it a bit, since it's made of 100% cotton and its still quite chilly in Chicago in February! (See exhibit A, below)

It's windy...
Dress: c/o eShakti
Scarf: Anthropologie
Earrings: Stella & Dot
Sweater: Adrienne Vittadini via TJ Maxx
Jacket: J. Crew
Leggings: Target
Boots: Born via Zappos
Bag: Furla



It should be just perfect on its own in the spring and summer. Here's a look at the dress without all the layers:



I was pleased with how this dress turned out. The color is gorgeous, and I very much like how it fits. My only complaint on fit is that the bust area threatens to gap a little bit, but I often have that issue with clothes no matter where I buy them. A little hook and eye or invisible snap sewn inside and in between the buttons should do just the trick.

This particular dress is made of a poplin material with no stretch, which was clearly labeled on the website: Therefore it wrinkles a little bit after a day or wear, but that's nothing a little ironing or steaming can't fix in about 3 minutes. I was pretty happy with the quality of the dress, especially considering the fact that I was able to customize it to my own preferences! I think this is a genius option since not every woman fits the standard sizes found on the rack, and you cannot beat the price for wanting a piece tailored to your own size. To opt for custom sizing is only an additional $7.50. Just have a friend help you take your measurements!


This dress is courtesy of eShakti.com, but the reviews and opinions in this post are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment