Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 Things I Learned This Week: The long haul

I really like doing this weekly post. It's more for myself than anything fashion related, but it's been really helping me reflect on what I've learned (obviously) and reminds me that you never stop changing. This segment is here for the long haul. So without further ado...


1. Life is full of change: embrace it, even if it's scary. You cannot stay stagnant forever.

2. It never fails, no matter how much I try to ignore it: this time of year in Chicago (cold, grey, dreary February/March) just sucks. Do the best you can, don't beat yourself up for eating three cupcakes, and try not to despair...spring is so close!

3. If you have the ability and desire to do something nice for someone just because you can, do it. I enjoy facilitating Random Acts of Kindness almost as much as being on the receiving end of them. It's very rewarding.

4. Those deep, engaging "life talks" with close friends can be really cathartic. Don't skimp on the tears.

5. Don't ask your newly-engaged friends if they intend to make you their maid of honor, then start weeping uncontrollably when they politely respond "no." For the record, I haven't done this: One of my good friends had this happen to her a few days ago. Just wait to be asked to join the bridal party, ok? And if not, just be happy for the bride and groom. It's supposed to be their day, right?

This is me, bungee jumping in New Zealand a few years ago. DON'T THINK JUST DO IT

No comments:

Post a Comment