Monday, January 16, 2012

Caravan Queen: Thrift, Alter, & Throw Caution to the Wind

I've embraced my inner boho and wandering spirit with this outfit, and accomplished several feats.

Thrifted skirt? Check.

Skirt self-altered (mom-helped) to fit me exactly? Check. 

Fab boots? Check. 

Hat: J. Crew
Shirt: Talbots
Sweater: J. Crew
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: gifted
Boots: Sofft

I bought this hat with the impulsive desire to become a "hat person." Did I succeed? I can't say I didn't get a few (male) coworkers asking "what's with the hat?" when I wore this outfit last week. What do you mean, what's with the hat? Can't you tell I'm a "hat person" now?? Couldn't you totally confuse me with Madam Simza Heron AKA Noomi Rapace a la Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows??

Noomi Rapace as Madame Simza Heron in Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.
I thought so too.

This was a really fun movie to see, but I particularly loved Noomi's costume and hair in the movie: she plays a fortune teller in France. I felt bold enough to wear this hat after seeing the movie. Love it!

Has a movie ever inspired an outfit of yours?

Also, a HUGE thank you to my roomie, Annie, for taking these photos. The light was fading fast, and she saved me a ton of time being my photographer. Thanks love!

No comments:

Post a Comment