Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Always In Style: Making a Difference, and the Chicago Uniform Project

I really want to bring attention to this amazing project that was pushed to me by my brother (hey, thanks bro!) who works at the same company as Sarah and sent me her link:


I contacted Sarah through her Chicago Uniform Project website asking if I could blog about her Project and she graciously agreed to let me post about her progress and hopefully gain some more attention for her efforts!

I'm sure some of you are aware of the original Uniform Project started by Sheena Matheiken in May 2009. She decided to wear the same little black dress (LBD) everyday for a whole year, with the hope of garnering attention and donations for the Akanksha Foundation which develops schools for underprivileged children in India! Sarah is recreating Sheena's model on a smaller scale here in Chicago, with all donations going to local foundation Connections for Abused Women and their Children and their commitment to end domestic violence:
This is the the kind of initiative that really gets me excited. Fashion and style is all kinds of fun, as evidenced by my and so many other blogs out there run by people who really love a good outfit. But someone dressing up and making money for an honest-to-goodness good cause?? She had me at "LBD."

Sarah will be wearing her own LBD everyday in the month of September, outfitted every which way in the adorable manner you can observe below. Not only will Sarah's monetary efforts directly support CAWC, but she will be highlighting a number of local Chicago boutiques to encourage dressing local and supporting independent businesses. For example: on September 14th she will be highlighting Sir & Madame boutique (in Ukrainian Village) and will be offering an exclusive code which, when entered on their website, will donate 15% of your purchase to CAWC. So go check out her site to get the code!!

How adorable is she??


  Check out her site, the Chicago Uniform Project for more info, and please consider making a donation!! I've made a donation myself, and hope others will consider it as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment