Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thing's I've Been Craving: Bangle Wrangle

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been hot as hell and gross the past 2 weeks or so in Chicago. I have to admit that my outfits have been less than exciting, as I mostly strive to wear as little as possible without being totally inappropriate (at least, in the office...). And I hate hearing about "Fall Fashion!" because even with this dreadful weather I do not want it to start getting cold again. I just can't be pleased can I?

So here's what's been noodling around in my head (and my search history) as of late:

Enamel Bangles 

Let's first talk about my dream bangles. Please observe:
Hermes
Hermes


Hermes
These bangles are so beautiful and detailed. But my goodness they are quite out of my price range. I've even scoured eBay and can still only find them for a couple hundred dollars a piece. In which case, I've looked around and found some really pretty enamel bangles that are more reasonable:



Lucky Brand (and it's on sale!)

Lucky Brand (and it's on sale!)
Anne Klein
This one has a great Gucci feel, but is only $28!

ASOS (sorry for the screenshot!)
How awesome are these square ones? I love a twist on an old classic.

I love the clink of an armful of metal bangles, particularly these bright and interesting enamel ones!

I have to say, I'm very sad that J. Crew no longer carries its once-signature bangles. When they went on sale I would stock up on them, and they always had a slew of new colors every season. I think they stopped carrying them about a year or two ago, but they were always a staple for finding classic bangles! A shame, I hope they bring them back...

How do you feel about an armful of enamel bangles? And where have you found the best ones? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment