Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Got My Flippy-Floppies

Hello all! Hoping everyone had an awesome 4th of July weekend!

Here are some photos from a really awesome event I attended last Thursday evening at North Ave Beach in Chicago. Havaianas hosted an awesome pop-up shop where you could customize your own Havaianas flip flops.


Emma of Tres Awesome with flip flops! I just about died over her lace skirt.
At the "bar" getting flip flops made! Kelly is in the hat to the left, waiting for hers, and she has a wonderful website you should check out!

Some fabulous Chicago bloggers!


This was my first pseudo-blogger-event, or a least an event where I got to meet a lot of other bloggers for the first time, particularly fellow Chicago bloggers! I was very excited to see some faces in person that I've been following for a while, and also meet some awesome new people! One of which is Leilani of Thriftaholic! Go check out the awesome finds of hers, she needs to teach me...

Leilani from Thriftaholic. I need her to mentor me in the art of thrifting, she's amazing!!




Fun with blue liner.
Sunglasses: Fossil
Dress (it's reversible!!): Nally & Millie, borrowed from my awesome roommate (thanks Annie!)
Leggings: Target
Bag: Fossil
Earrings: from Bali, bought in Australia
Ring: Forever21
Tiger bangle: bought in Australia
Gold link bracelet: actually a necklace, from J. Crew
Silver bangles: all vintage, from my mom

 Unfortunately I didn't have time to sit through the line and make my own flipflops because this came rolling in: 


Nonetheless, I had an awesome time!! Thank you to Amy and Emma who tweeted contests to go to this  event!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment