Monday, April 18, 2011

Color Blocking a la Pretty Shiny Sparkly

I adore color blocking. Adore it. But somehow I've never gotten around to seriously trying it until I got a nudge from Kristina at Pretty Shiny Sparkly and her "Bloggers Do It Better" project. These bright colors are perfect for this time of year as everyone north of the Mason Dixon line starts to seriously crave some spring weather and bright colors. Especially considering that we got snow *coughCOUGH* this morning... never mind that we're more than half way through April..



I finally gave up against the wind, and just tied my hair back...
I'm not sure if I think the black and white skirt defeats the whole "block" part of color blocking, but I like that I can mix it with any color under the sun. Plus, it was probably the last time I could wear these tights until the fall, and who doesn't love cobalt blue tights?

I also had to try out my new, fuchsia, Revlon lipstick. Nothing says "*$%#@ you snow!" like fuchsia lipstick... right?

That's a pretty sweet finial right there.

Cardigan: J. Crew
Top: Banana Republic
Necklace: J. Crew
Skirt: J. Crew
Tights: Hue, via TJ Maxx
Booties: J. Crew (do I have enough J Crew here?)
Earrings: gift
Lipstick: Revlon (I'll check the color at home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment