Wednesday, March 30, 2011

30 for 30 Day 23: The Fat Lady's Wailing (or) How To Gracefully Concede

Ok readers and fellow fashionistas. I really tried to avoid having to do this post, but I fear I must gracefully bow out of my 30 for 30 challenge. It's been fun, but let's be serious for a moment: I started back when Kendi offered it in November 2010. It's almost April. Snap out of it, Sara.

I really hate to concede defeat on this one, but let's go over my pallid excuses.

I started this blog a few weeks before I was hired at my current job, and let's just say that all the excitement I felt at starting an interconnected shrine to all things fashionable and ornamental was soon put on the back burner. Time to grown up and be an adult. Bad timing, I know.

With a full time job and 3 hours commuting a day, I quickly realized that I needed to adjust to this major schedule change. And I tried valiantly to complete this 30 for 30 mission, but whenever I got home I found myself glancing over the area of my closet I specifically sequestered away to house my 30 for 30 picks with all the affection ones gives a too-old leftovers in the fridge. So, with limited time to shoot photographs anyway (at least the days are getting longer--more sunlight!) I found that I was even more reluctant to put on 30 pieces of clothes that I'm tired of. I keep thinking of great outfits that I want to photograph, and then I think "No, I can't do those until I finish this 30..."

So, I figured since I have very limited time to be working on this blog, I might as well be doing it with outfits I love. It's About the Look is meant to be my creative outlet, not a grueling task.  So enough jabbering, here's my last outfit from my 30 for 30. The next outfit post I do will be fancy!  








Jacket: Premise
Top: Velvet, via TJ Maxx
Skirt: open air market in New Zealand
Belt: gift
Tights: Anthropologie
Booties, Necklace, Earrings : J. Crew

So adieu, 30 for 30 Challenge. It's not you, it's me. We just had bad timing, that's all. But you'll find someone special I promise (there were hundreds of other people that partook, right?)


Also, please excuse my dust as I attempt to revamp this blog's layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment