Friday, February 11, 2011

Friend Friday: Color Wars!

Oooo what fun questions! I love playing with color.


1. What color dominates your closet?
It used to be black by a loooong shot, but I've become purple-crazy over the past two years or so. I have an abundance things in purple hues, from lilac to rich, deep, royal purple. I'm definitely a jewel-toned girl. 






2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet? I'd experiment with neutrals and nudes, and finally find a shade that actually works for me! I'm very fair, so most nude-ish colors around my face just suck the life out of me and make me looked terribly washed out. I usually go for richer tones. I'd also indulge in some more yellows, so bright!



3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? Go for broke, but try to do it tastefully and not to be too loud. Brights can look amazing, but just don't overdo it where everyone around you needs to wear sunglasses.


I usually try to stick to one thing that really pops in color, but lately I've tried to be more bold and mix some unexpected colors together.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? Accessories are great. You don't even want to know how many scarves I've accumulated over the years. They're easy and can add brightness without overdoing it. When going out, I sometimes like to wear all-black and then have my makeup doing the popping. :)



5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? Miss Vinyl Ahoy and Artfully Aware do an amazing job. Those girls are fearless about color!!








All photos were taken by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment