Friday, February 25, 2011

Friend Friday: Blog Award Nominations

Ok, this is only from the few blogs I read and/or are aware of. I'm sure there are a ton of other bloggers out there that I have yet to discover!!

1. Creative Juices - most creative 
I have to say Ariel at Artfully Aware. I just love how she puts her pieces together and draws her inspiration from art work and introduces her readers to said art. She merges the realms of fashion and art and I love it. And the girl is not afraid of color and pattern! Her passion for art speaks through the passion of her outfits.


Plus, who doesn't feel more cultured after reading her posts? You could totally whip out facts about famous contemporary and classical artists and impress your guests like the classy socialite you are. More champagne anyone?




2. The Real Deal - authenticity 

I get a real sense of authenticity from Marilou of Twenty York Street. I don't know what it is, maybe the tone of her writing, but I just can't help thinking she must be the most delightfully sweet girl in person. When I look at her photos, it never looks like she's trying to hard, it just looks like she's being herself. I like that a lot. :)

3. Spark Notes - most helpful 

This one was more difficult for me to choose. I find pretty much all bloggers to be helpful when it comes to inspiration, ideas, designers, fashion shows... But I really enjoy Madeline at Uber Chic for Cheap's recommendations for where to find awesome designer deals and knockoffs for less, as well as awesome sales that are going on. That's something you can take to the bank!

4. Newbie - best blogger less than a year old 

Oooo this was a toughie! I think its harder to find the newbies because...well, they're new. There's not a ton of exposure yet, and its harder to find those who's blogs haven't existed for as long as the veterans. But I've discovered (and love!) Kristin at Crimson Rosella. She has a romantic, vintage-y vibe that I totally dig. She's also incredibly adorable. 

5. Can You Hear Me Now - most connected 

Sugar Laws. Holy cannoli that girl's got game (you know, in a technological, blogging, fashion sense...)! You see her online, on twitter, on TV, at fashion week, on food blogs, on fashion blogs. She's everywhere, and, truly one of the first blogs I ever started following. It was her food-slash-fashion blog that led me to discover that fashion blogs even existed. Thanks a million Katy!

6. If I had a Hammer - best DIY 

I'm fairly new to the DIY blogger circuit...like, I just started exploring them by coincidence this week. But so far, I've really loved Jenni's ideas over at I Spy DIY. She's so cute! And I love the things she's made DIY. :)

7. Tribe Leader - blogger who leads others and brings bloggers together 

Kendi Everyday. The breadth of her influence is so wide. 400+ people did her fall 30x30, and then 800+ are doing her spring one! (I'm pretty sure those numbers are correct, they're from memory...) Not only is it a fun and creative challenge, it allows so many people to meet and connect with other people working their way through the challenge!

8. Practically Perfect - most fashionable 

Karla's Closet. Her outfits (and her shoes!!) make me drool. No seriously, I need to wear a bib when she updates. 

9. Paint by Numbers - best beauty blogger 

Michelle Phan. She counts as a blogger, right? Or is she more of a vlogger? Either way, I love what she does and that she's taken such initiative with what she wants to do in life, and her growing career is entirely self-made. And her videos take you every step of the way if you want to recreate a look she does. She's also recently has added fashion and hair tutorials to her repertoire. I tip my hat to her.

10. Renaissance Woman - best all around blogger, fashion, beauty, lifestyle 

Makeunder My Life. What an inspiring woman! I was able to meet Jess in person once, and she practically vibrates with energy and the desire to help people learn to live a life with intent! That idea never occurred to me, but she offers amazing tips, advice, personal stories and reflections, not to mention the jewelry line she designed, and the gorgeous books, art and design segments. Whew!


There are TONS more bloggers that I seriously adore and think are all fantastic candidates for these awards. If I could give them all an award (or a big hug! I'm not actually giving out the awards) I totally would. I'm also anxious to see who else people are nominating!


Why are you guys voting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment