Sunday, January 2, 2011

Latest Obsession/Newest Purchase: Elliott Lucca bag

I've talked before about my love for a great quality bag at a reasonable price. You don't need to spend $800 and up (and up, and up...) to find a fabulous leather bag. If I'm planning to throw down some cold cash for a very nice bag that I want to last for years to come, I try to look at those in the $300 (max) range. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten bags from garage sales, Salvation Army, Old Navy, Target, H&M, you name it. But I can't deny that the sweet, sweet smell of designer leather really gets me salivating... and if you really take care of a great quality piece of clothing, accessory or shoe, it can last for a lifetime.

Some of my favorite brands that are tried and true for fantastic quality, colors, design, comfort, and style are Furla, Fossil, Coach and Cole Haan (Coach and Cole Haan can run a bit high depending on the bag, but that's why I love discount sites like RueLaLa and Gilt and stores like TJ Maxx). After today, however, I can add a new designer to this repertoire: Elliott Lucca.

I also love Nordstrom. Nordstrom and I are good friends, and it hardly ever lets me down. Today was no exception when I was walking through the Old Orchard mall in Skokie, IL (holler, anyone?) and saw this lovely staring at me from the sale bin.  It was one of those "I have to have it...now" moments:




Messanger bag!

Tote!



The straps clip on and off 


Shoulder bag!

And the coolest of all...




Backpack!



It's a convertible, Portobello colored leather tote bag. Its a great neutral brown/grey color that will go with everything, and is I don't have any bag like it in my closet: these were my justifications for wanting to buy it. But the cincher? The price. The Elliott Lucca website says that it is originally priced at $268. Nordstrom's sale price? $98.  Booyah. 



I love this bag because its versatile, comfortable, affordable and goes with tons of things in my closet. I rounded out my day by buying a badass AllClad cooking pot set for $150 that was originally priced at $450. Booyah. I'm also a firm believer in quality cookware: if you invest and take care of it, it will last you your lifetime. Thanks for the tip, Mom. ;)

What fantastic deals have you gotten before??

No comments:

Post a Comment