Friday, January 14, 2011

Friend Friday: Let's roll out of bed and get dressed!

More Friend Friday questions!!




1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? Weather plays a big roll, whether I like it or not (no pun intended). Particularly living in Chicago this time of year, I need to be considerate of how flippin' cold it can get, and what shoes can stand walking in the snow (although I often cheat and wear snow boots, bringing pretty shoes to put on once I get to the office). 
I really hate to admit this, but it I feel like I'm having a "fat" day, I will often opt out of the skinny jeans and choose for something I feel better in. 
It also really depends on my mood. Somedays I want to feel really girly and pretty, other days I feel more eccentric, and sometimes I want to do the masculine look with a men's shirt and cowboy boots. Whatever strikes me when I wake up. :)



2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? 

Oh gosh no. I like a spontaneity in my wardrobe. I usually think of ideas for an outfit the night before as I'm falling asleep, or while I'm in the shower in the morning. If its a special occasion, obviously that takes more planning. :)


3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat? I don't have a special tracking system, just my memory of what I've worn recently. If I haven't worn something in a while I'll put it on, but I'm also not against repeating outfits that I really loved wearing the first time around. 

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons?  Hanging items together?) Trial and error, I suppose, but I have to actually try on an outfit before I know I'll like it, to see it on my body. I usually am inspired by something new that I've seen on another blog, in a magazine, or on the street, and I look through my closet to see if I can recreate an idea or a look with pieces I already own.
Sometimes I force myself to put pieces together that I wouldn't usually try. I've surprised myself in the past by going against my (fashion) instincts and trying on pieces that I don't believe will work together, but end up looking awesome. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 
 5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do 
to cut down your dressing time? It really is easier if I pick out my outfits the night before (for work more than anything). That way I don't waste time (and by time, I mean sleeptime) putting something on, realizing I hate it, and scrambling to find something else before I miss my train...or maybe I just need a louder alarm clock.  

No comments:

Post a Comment