Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30 for 30 Days 13: My Waning Resolve

I am so incredibly determined to finish my 30 for 30, but I'm also so incredibly tired by the end of the work day, and then I just don't want to do anything on the weekend...I really need to get used to this whole grownup schedule thing...

I have a horrible habit of starting things with great excitement and then my determination and resolve will steadily wane...it's not that I don't want to finish this challenge, its just that my mind keeps flitting over to my closet and other outfit ideas, with other pieces not in my 30 picks. I think I do best with impulse-style fashion decisions. I've never planned out my outfits more than a day at a time, and I find myself repeating my 30 pieces and thinking "oh no, I already did that look, now I have to plan something instead of just letting it come to me..."

I think I'm going to end up being that embarrassingly last-place contender in this challenge, limping across the finish line like I would always do in those terrible fitness tests they made us do in middle school. Maybe I just need to buy the Rocky soundtrack to get this mother running again...

So, in order to avoid boring all you readers out there who have moved on, celebrated the New Year and are now participating in the ReStyle challenge or the No Repeats Challenge, I'm hoping to whip through these last outfits and get them up here. Instead of making one super huge post, I think I will post a couple outfits a day, in separate posts. I suppose you could consider that a New Year's resolution...


Day 13


Ugh, this is probably my least favorite outfit I've created so far with my 30 pieces. I've worn more flattering outfits in my life...But live and learn, and then post about it so you're sure you'll never make those mistakes again. Maybe its because 13 is an unlucky number.




Pants, jacket, purse, plaid shirt: J. Crew
Shoes: Converse

Things I've learned from this 30 challenge: This jacket and these shoes were perfect for the late fall weather that was around when this challenge started. Now? Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment