Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 for 30 Day 16: DVF Love

Like any common-sensed woman of this age, I adore Diane von Furstenberg's classic shapes and fun patterns. I have one dress by DVF bought on super sale (I'm waiting to shave off those last few college lbs to squeeze back into it  >_<), and then this beautiful wrap top, also purchased ridiculously on sale.

During the summer two years ago I saw this orange top on a mannequin in the window of Mark Shale, and instantly fell in love. Its something about the color that just gets me. At that time I was working in the same mall as the Mark Shale store and would walk by it everyday during my break. I desperately wanted the wrap top but it was way too much money for my strapped budget and would be a totally frivolous purchase.

But have no fear, for in such times of rapture I can summon a patience likened to that of wised, reverent monk, or perhaps a very conniving Disney villain. Oh yes, that orange top would be mine, that top would be mine...

Anyway, summer became fall became winter and I skipped on into Mark Shale as soon as their big, Final Sale sign went up. I snatched up this pretty little top for around $40, down from well over $100. Holler!






Top: Diane von Furstenberg
Cami: Jockey
Jeans, Purse, Headband: J. Crew
Earrings: Etsy
Boots: Vero Cudio


This top also makes me feel like I have an hour glass shape, which I LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment