Monday, December 20, 2010

30 for 30 Day 11: A little bit of country...

What's this?


Is Sara updating??



...




It's a Christmas miracle! (cue the choir!)


Not really. But I have finished all my classes (yay!) and all my part time jobs (yay!!), so I'm hopefully back in the saddle now for updates and blogging on a semi-regularly basis. I'd like to update at least twice a week. Maybe I will make that my new years resolution.

So, I really struggled with this outfit. I did my makeup first, and tried a new foundation that ended up being really dry and chalky when it dried, and I feel like it made my face look a little dead and devoid of color or life. Bah. And then I first tried wearing the red shirt under my dress, but it sorta ended up looking like I was wearing a jumper from 1st grade/lederhosen. Not to mention it was unexpectedly uncomfortable. So, wearing it on the outside with the front tied in a knot was a last resort, and might be old-school for other people out there, but this is a big change for me. I swear, if you had told me 4 years ago that I would love wearing oxford shirts and men's button-down shirts, I would have laughed in your face. Oh the times, they are a changin'...or at least my style is. But change is the spice of life! Right? Or was it cinnamon...

Since I transfered these photos onto my computer and I'm looking more at this outfit, I'm liking it more and more. Its not what I originally intended, but its definitely growing on me. Its a little western-y with the plaid shirt, but the tweed jacket and buckled flat boots make it seem kind of sharp and equestrian. But I still feel girly with the jersey bubble dress and lacey patterned tights. I think I like it!

What do you guys think?







Dress: Walter, from Loehmann's
Shirt: J. Crew men's shirt
Cami: Jockey
Blazer: Premise
Tights: Anthropologie (sale bin!)
Socks: DSW
Boots: Vero Cudio (sadly, my original 30 for 30 boots' heel broke, so these guys are going to have to take over until I can get to a cobbler.)

8 comments:

  1. Oooo! I love that dress! You've styled it here really cute :0) I love the way you incorporated a mens shirt into this girly look. I need to take some pointers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I really like that dress, and the plaid shirt on top adds an unexpected touch.

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my Walter dress, and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the mix of textures! those tights are rad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this outfit the boots look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely loving it! you look great! I love your boots and your blouse on that dress! Totally love your blog by the way!:) Im so happy I ran into it! it's a great read and i love your posts and style:) so i'm gonna follow you!
    hope you visit me and follow me back!
    that would be amazing!

    love
    fashionfabrice

    have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you're back and sticking with the challenge!
    That is such a new way to style that dress. I think it works! Love the blazer.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete