Friday, December 3, 2010

30 for 30 Day 10: Red, White, Black, and Blue

This is pretty much my most favorite look so far in the 30 for 30. Especially with my cross-body saddle bag, I felt very much like a British schoolboy. You know, 'cuz they wear bright tights and short skirts so often over there in the UK...


I also minimized the accessories and went for some bright red lips! And I got these tights the same day that I got my two-toned purple ones at TJ Maxx. I can't decide which tights are my favorite...So much fun!














Plaid shirt: J. Crew, men's dept.
Sweater: Banana Republic
Skirt: J. Crew
Tights: Rue, at TJ Maxx
Booties: J. Crew
     Lips: Maybelline's ColorSensational lipstain in 65 Cranberry Crush (by stain they mean stain--I had to practically scrub my lips off to get the color off before bed!), and L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick in # 315 True Red on top of that. Perfect shade of red!!


What's your favorite makeup to wear for special occasions??


10 comments:

  1. I love mix of patterns here and the pop of color in your tights! It's totally awesome and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your skirt! i am not much of a make up wearer, so dont really have a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too true, that is the perfect shade of red!
    rock it re-mixer!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, fellow remixer, Im one of the few guys in the challenge.. Im slowly getting around to visiting all of the remixers' blogs. I've come across a lot, but you most definitely have style. Best of luck with the remaining challenge… xo

    http://thedebonairextraordinaire.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear a lot of makeup but I like to pull out the red lipstick for special occasions too!


    www.simple-subtle-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this outfit is so adorable! love the mix of the red, blue, black and white! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good red lip as an accessory! I think your makeup looks great! I like to rock a smoky eye and black liner for special occasions :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment! Haha, the door is right next to me in my photos so I take my pics with a remote and run in my warm house as soon as possible!
    I love your makeup in these photos, such a great holiday look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these tights so much! And your makeup is amazing! Cute blog
    -Katie

    www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh i wish i could rock those red lips like you!

    ReplyDelete