Sunday, November 7, 2010

My 30 for 30!

I'm very excited to be participating in Kendi's 30 for 30 closet remix project starting tomorrow! I've been studiously taking notes and scouring my closet for thirty essential pieces that I can mix and remix. When I started out making my list of clothes I looked down after number 10 and saw "black...black...black...more black." So I had to rethink my strategy and include some pops of color and fun patterns and how I might be able to wear them all together.

Here are my 30! The breakdown...


5 Basic tops/layering pieces:
Lacy cami: Jockey
Royal purple, ruffle tank: Forever21 (ack, the color is totally gone in this photo!)
Bird print T: Forever 21
White boyfriend T: J. Crew
Black crew neck T: J Crew


7 Sweaters/Tops:
Grey cardigan: J. Crew
Leopard print cardigan: Adreinne Vittadini, at T.J. Maxx
Black V-neck sweater: Banana Republic
Yellow ruffle cardigan: J. Crew
Lavender V-neck sweater: J. Crew
Orange, printed wrap top: Diane von Furstenberg
Red plaid, men's shirt: J. Crew, men's section

2 Jackets:
Wool tweed blazer: Premise
Military jacket: J. Crew


3 Dresses/tunics:
Pale blue bubble dress: Walter, at Loehmann's
Royal blue dress/tunic: Velvet, at T.J. Maxx
Blue tunic: J. Crew
4 Skirts: 
Grey tweed skirt: handmade/sewn by me :) (Once I finish hemming it!)
Black and white print mini: J. Crew
Grey panel skirt: handmade/sewn by a vendor in New Zealand, street market
Black pencil skirt: Ralph Lauren, from Ralph Lauren outlet


4 Pants:
Black stretch skinny pant: J. Crew
Trouser jean: J. Crew
Tan corduroys: J. Crew
Skinny jeans: J. Crew (are we noticing a trend here?)


5 Pairs shoes:
Black flat boot: Tahari
Black suede bootie: J. Crew
Snakeskin flat: Me Too
Converse: um, Converse...
Purple low-heel loafers: Paolo 



I'm excited to see what everyone else will be wearing! These photos were taken a little hastily, but I had to finish before the sun went down. You'll see all these pieces in detail as the month goes on anyway. I need to figure out where in my house I can take photos when I come home from work and they won't look too terrible with artificial lighting...Woe the winter months!

8 comments:

  1. Love that bird print tee and those booties! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the military jacket!!!!!
    Also the bird printed shirt.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of that blue dress in your mix. I'm sure it is super flattering on. I'm looking forward to seeing how you remix it. - Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, good luck! That cream-colored dress is so gorgeous (and your two jackets are perfect)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your picks! Looking forward to seeing your remixes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous you own that bird print top. I wanted it so much and could never find it out here. Can't wait to see how you wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with this bird print T. As soon as I saw it I pretty much snatched it up screaming "MINE! Back off! *hissssss*"...well, not really. But its with hesitation that I wear it very much: Like many Forever21 pieces, I know it won't last forever (no pun intended), especially their knits. But this is a shirt I would totally wear for years and years and years...

    ReplyDelete