Monday, November 15, 2010

30x30 Day 5: Any Advice on Indoor Lighting? And Casual Friday is Casual

And yet, I'm posting on a Monday...did I just blow your mind? I thought so.

Playing catch up again, but I'm up to date on all the photos of my outfits through today, I just need to edit them. I need to seriously figure out how I'm going to do all my fashion photography inside and at night this winter. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom in this department? I can't be the only one struggling with the short day-light hours. Anyone with experience or suggestions on how I can photograph indoors without looking like I've photographed everything on a disposable camera, and then scanned the photos onto my computer like I did in 7th grade...? This next batch of photos is taken in a different room with different lighting than the first 4 days of this challenge, I suppose they look marginally better. Ignore the corner of the bed that dominates most of these pictures *facepalm*...

Anyway, style onward! Yes, its a very casual outfit, but heck, it was a Friday and it was probably the last day we'll have in Chicago this year where I can get away with rolling up my pants and not getting frostbitten ankles. I'm loving this military jacket, if you couldn't tell by my last several posts.





Jacket, Tshirt, Jeans: J. Crew
Leopard calf hair belt: Ann Taylor
Flats: Me Too
Bag: Furla
Earrings: Target

4 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks great and relaxed! As for lighting, I suggest adding extra lamps in the room that you're taking photos in. Or you can get full spectrum light bulbs that are extra bright and make indoor photos look pretty snazzy. I think they're made by verilux. Just pop them in your regular lamps and aim them toward you. I borrowed a set from a friend and they worked pretty well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. strobe lights aside, after dark indoor photos can be pretty tough.

    But I feel your shortened daylight hours pain!
    I've been photographing all my outfits on the weekend. it takes some time an a lot of planning, but hopefully i can keep it up.

    I love your jacket, it's so adorable!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel your pain. After much thought and consideration, I decided to get a tripod and remote so that I could take photos outside during my lunch break. On days when that doesn't happen, I also have a set of those umbrella studio lights. They're around $40 on Amazon, and you could probably get them even cheaper on eBay.

    Hope that helps.

    Kendra
    http://closetconfections.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect little outfit! Fun, casual yet oh so perfect for the work place. The belt is great addition!!

    ReplyDelete