Friday, November 12, 2010

30x30 Day 3!

I'm working on catching myself in this thing!

This Wednesday (day 3) was an absurd 68-70 degrees in Chicago, and I had to take advantage of such weather one last time by wearing a skirt and T shirt while forgoing a sweater and tights! *le gasp* It was pretty freakin' glorious out. But, because it is still technically fall, I added the brick red purse as my nod to the seasons.




T shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: hand sewn in New Zealand
Snakeskin flats: Me Too
Necklace: Express
Bag: Furla



I love, love, love this skirt. I bought it from an artist/clothes maker at a street fair in Christchurch, New Zealand. And its swishy. I took a lot of swishy photos...

I keep thinking that I could break down the pattern for myself and sew a colored version. Have any of you guys tried to make a replica of a piece of clothing you loved?

3 comments:

  1. That top picture totally has an "Alice" feel to me.

    http://greetingsfromseattlewa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great skirt! Fellow remixer here wishing you luck with the remaining challenge. I discovered that a room with overhead lighting works best for my indoor photos.

    ReplyDelete