Monday, November 8, 2010

30 for 30 Day 1

It has begun... *cue dramatic music*

Today marks a number of beginings, not least of all the 30 for 30 project. But today also marks my first official day as a gainful, full-time employee. With benefits. Holla'. Its taken a year and a half out of college, but I can successfully proclaim myself a card-carrying member of the 9-5 club. I'm very, very grateful to have landed this job, and while I have no idea if this path I've started down is really leading to my life's "true purpose", its certainly a start.

Anyway, on with the fashion. I took Kendi's advice and considered both weekends and my day job when picking my thirty pieces. Thankfully my office is mostly business casual, with professional business attire only on days when clients come to visit. So I'm able to dress up jeans and casual pants, and I threw in a blazer and skirt that could be dressed up or down. This outfit might not be the most exciting way to start off this month, but for my first official day at work I wanted to be a little more low-key. I'll  feeling it out as I go along...
Looking at these pictures now, I probably would have preferred to wear it with a shorter cardigan: the length of the shirt and the volume of the pants would probably be better suited to a less-long cardigan. Sadly, I didn't add one of those to my 30, so I will have to wait. I will also have to save the crazier outfits I've planned in my head for after this 30 for 30 challenge. :)






Bird-print shirt: Forever 21
Cardigan:
Necklaces: Star pendant was my mom's, and blue enamel pendant bought in Australia,
 originally from Iran ("Persian")
Earrings: J. Crew
Trouser jeans: J. Crew
Snakeskin flats: Me Too



One more thing...These photos are so grainy! Ew! My search for acceptable indoor lighting during the winter months continues. Its way past dusk when I get home from work. At least you guys get to see what the doors to my closet look like. Fancy dancy :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that top! Like so many bloggers/fashion lovin' ladies, I have a major thing for bird prints. I can't believe that thing is from Forever 21! Can't wait to see how else you style it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are off to a good start -- love the bird print top (I have it too!)
    And I know, bad lighting, indoor photos, dark when you get home, it's just no fun!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a big day!!! Congrats on the new job....and I LOVE that top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job!
    And I actually think the cardigan length works well! I love that shirt. <3

    ReplyDelete