Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Interview Chic

Taking a leaf out of Academichic's book, I decided to post my favorite job interview outfit. I'm still in the stages of finding that elusive full-time job, and this outfit is a real confidence booster when going into interviews.


I love this honey colored sweater. I think yellow's can be tricky to wear, and you need to find the right shade for your skin tone and hair, but it has a very cheery and unexpected effect when done correctly. And when I saw this skirt at Anthro and how perfectly it would match the sweater, I had to have it.



Cardigan: J. Crew
Cami/tank: Jockey
Skirt: Anthropologie
Tights: Hue, from Marshall's
Shoes: Graffiti 
Bag: Longchamp, borrow from my mom's closet!
Earrings/ring: birthday gifts

This is my "power suit." Unless its an incredibly corporate environment that calls for a straight-up suit, I like to try and look profession and pulled together while still having some fun with my outfit. I'm not about to try and really stand out with my wardrobe (I want to be remembered for my interview and not my clothing!), but I like the brightness of this outfit without it looking too crazy. I think I still look pulled together and pleasantly conservative, but not stuffy. At least, I hope so. With such a bright, eye-catching color I went with minimal jewelry and basic accessories. Hopefully I come across as pulled together and confident. And this color gives me a boost if I'm feeling nervous. :)

Note to self: Don't try to take pictures of a fall/winter weather outfit when its freakishly 75 degrees out in October.

Oh, and the worst part about taking these photos, besides the heat? The bees. Maybe it was my outfit that attracted them to me...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I can't wait until it's cool enough where I live to break out the tights more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute and not at all "bumblebee", which is what I'm always afraid of with black/yellow combos. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete