Sunday, September 26, 2010

Get ready, get set...

And we’re off to the races!
I’m embarking on my first attempt at blogging. (Bear with me as I work my way through the training-wheels stage.) It’s been a year since I graduated college, and as I try to figure out what I’m supposed to be doing with my life I wanted a creative outlet. During my free time (or when I should be more vigorously job hunting…) I find myself constantly trolling fashion blogs, vintage sites, eBay, Etsy, and any fashion magazine I can get my hands on. So I’m starting this blog as my own personal fashion archive and creative outlet.
Whether its haute couture, high fashion, thrifting, DIY, vintage finds, outrageously expensive or an outrageous steal, I love it all. I’ve also been prompted by me taking a beginners’ sewing class (So far, so good. Although we’ve only just picked out the pattern for which skirt we’re each going to make… Stay tuned.) I’m endlessly envious of people who can make their own clothes, and the local fabric and notions store where I take my sewing class has enough fabric to make my jaw drop. Thus, It’s About the Look is born. Come along for the ride as I attempt to find my personal style, share my best and most favorite steals, any attempts made at DIY fashion and trying new looks. In the end, it’s all about the look.
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! It's an interesting journey :o)

    Good luck with the DIY, I hope to try it myself soon.

    ReplyDelete